Sunday, September 16, 2007

Aint the same


Its been a long long time
since i last stared at the mirror
Its been a long, long time
since i felt my face

Times have changed
and skin have changed
vision have changed
and feelings have changed

Can see more
from left to right
can feel less
from skin to skin

cant talk straight
from heart to heart
can think straight
from me to me

Cant see things
What my kin seems to see
cant hear voice
that my kin seems to hear

I see the dark, obscure face
staring back, behind the mirror
I caress my face, my skin
They aint anyway the same

2 comments:

Aisibi said...

I love this poem!! i so do. The imagery is awesome...That feeling of losing things you thought you were the king of and then finding it slipping right through your fingers!!! Its scary and yet, i think at times, its very liberating right?

Anonymous said...

You badly need some pepping up, sir...