Monday, January 29, 2007

Lost Dreams

Strange thoughts do wander in my brain, and sometimes i feel like letting it go.
I wonder how we were created
And why, do you think we were created?
We were born into nature
With no written laws

It never said you should go to church every Sunday
It never said we cant swear in public
It never said we have we have to get married,
before we can have sex
It never asked us to wear clothes,
Nor to believe in a religion

The new born takes his first breath, not knowing he should breath to live. He doesn't know about any internal organs inside him... doesn't know there is a brain, a heart.. nor blood..

He is born free, free to live, free in mind and soul.
Inject him with written and unwritten laws,
Send him to prison if he breaks it
Send him to war to kill

Push the needle in again to suppress the feelings and emotions
Convince him, he needs to be successful, to live
And ask him to follow the same old rotten procedure
study, work,marry, eat, live
not live, and eat to live

He cannot wander into freedom
He cannot wander into truth
He cannot wander anywhere
He aint programmed to wander

Reprogrammed by society, the mind gets structured.
driving through one way streets,
never breaking the rules,
even though he wants to
never chasing the lost dreams

And as i ink these wandered and stray fragments of thoughts, I'm slowly going back to a point of time in my life, where i chased my thoughts, my dreams, i had plentiful of them. But consistent failures, in living and realising them made me feel like...

There ain't dreams that i can achieve
I felt like merging into the society
driving down the one way streets
following the rules

I'm having numb feelings and emotions
But now..

Yes I'm pulling back
no more rules, or one way roads
I'm digging my road again

I'm hiking up the jungles,
hunting down my dreams
leaving my mind, and life
FREE

and when i looked back and forth in my life
I know, the time has come
to search for my lost dreams
and living it up

again

1 comment:

The lost girl said...

now this person is not an induvidual...but an institution!